Monday, April 02, 2007

MORE ON THE NEW (?) JESUS APOCRYPHON located by Tony Chartrand-Burke. Over at Apocryphicity he writes:
Several weeks ago I posted the beginning and ending of a fragment of a text I referred to as the “Funeral of Jesus” which I recently came across in a manuscript catalogue entry. I have since obtained the manuscript and have begun the process of deciphering the text. This is no easy task. While the manuscript is well-preserved, the proliferation of abbreviations makes reading the text quite difficult. I offer this preliminary report on the text with the hope of generating some discussion on its contents. Though I believe the text has never been published, I am curious whether anyone in the field has encountered it before.
For a description and summary of the text, go have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment