Friday, April 01, 2016

Temple Institute trying to recruit priests

TEMPLE MOUNT WATCH? Job opening: High priests needed for ancient Temple ritual (Michele Chabin, Religion News Service). Actually, the Temple Institute seems to be looking for priests in general, although I suppose that would include a high priest. I'm not sure what the plural "high priests" in the headline is supposed to be about.

To be clear, as I have already said many times, I do not support the rebuilding of the Third Temple or any other excavation or construction on the Temple Mount. Even archaeologists should wait to study its contents until we have non-invasive and non-destructive technologies that allow us to do so without damaging the site or the buildings that are already there.

My interest in this story is purely sociological.

Past posts on the Temple Institute and its various projects are here and follow the links back.