Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Frilingos on the Infancy Gospels

ANCIENT JEW REVIEW: Why Do the Infancy Gospels Matter? (Christopher A. Frilingos).
As I studied the infancy gospels, I began to wonder if something had been overlooked in the intense scholarly focus on the figures of Jesus and Mary. That something, I concluded, was the depiction of familial relationships.

***********

In my book, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph: Family Trouble in the Infancy Gospels, I use the term family gospels instead of “infancy gospels.” The new terminology puts a spotlight on the dynamics of household relationships in the accounts. ...
Cross-file under New Book and New Testament Apocrypha Watch.

I have more on some of the Infancy Gospels here.

Visit PaleoJudaica daily for the latest news on ancient Judaism and the biblical world.