Friday, June 04, 2010

John Klimo, Channeling

IN THE MAIL:
Jon Klimo with Charles T. Tart, Channeling: Investigations on Receiving Information from Paranormal Sources (Revised and updated ed.; Berkeley, Ca.: North Atlantic Books, 1998)
No, I'm not going New Age-rogue on you. One of my lines of research is looking at modern and cross-cultural forms of visionary experience for a better understanding of ancient biblical(-related) visionary texts. With this book I'm exploring the possibility that some of the ancient writers of biblical pseudepigrapha wrote in the names of ancient prophets because they thought themselves to be "channeling" those prophets. I presented an SBL paper that discussed the idea in 2006. (The link to the paper itself has rotted. Sorry. I'll try to get around to putting it back.)

UPDATE (6 January 2011): The paper is now back online here (pdf file).