Thursday, May 21, 2015

Dig wrap-up

INTERVIEW: Homeland creator Gideon Raff talks Dig (Michael Idato, Sydney Morning Herald).
The series was created by Heroes writer Tim Kring and Homeland writer Gideon Raff, and while both may pour a sense of cinematic adventure into the framework, there is no doubt Raff's upbringing in Israel and his personal connection to the city play a big role in setting the series tone and texture.

"I wanted to tell a story about the city, but of course I am a fan of Indiana Jones," he says. "I grew up on those movies and I love archaeology, [the idea of the] archaeological thriller, but more than anything I think I wanted it to be timely. I wanted it to be relevant like my other shows.

"It was important, Raff says, that the series strike "a core in terms of the nowadays, the threats today and in that sense, Tim and I really wanted to make a show about fanaticism and faith. Everything I researched, everything unveiled in the conspiracy in Dig is real things that are happening right now, and in that sense it's a very relevant and timely thriller."
Well, sort of.

Background here and links. [Wrong link now corrected!]