Saturday, March 04, 2023

List of C-14 dated manuscripts

VARIANT READINGS: Radiocarbon Analysis of Papyrus and Parchment Manuscripts: A List (Brent Nongbri).
It occurs to me that it would be useful to have (as complete as possible) a list of papyrus and parchment manuscripts that have been subjected to radiocarbon analysis. I have tried to arrange this list chronologically by the date when the analysis was carried out (which sometimes differs substantially from the date of publication). I would be grateful to be informed of omissions (especially Pharaonic-era papyri and medieval parchment manuscripts; I know that many have been analyzed, but I am not aware of the publication details). Thanks in advance. Links are provided for open access materials.
Looks very useful. Thanks Brent.

Visit PaleoJudaica daily for the latest news on ancient Judaism and the biblical world.