Thursday, May 04, 2023

SBL review panel on Carlson, Unfamiliar Selves; Carlson responds

ANCIENT JEW REVIEW has published another essay in its SBL review-panel series on Reed Carlson's book, Unfamiliar Selves in the Hebrew Bible: Possession and Other Spirit Phenomena (De Gruyter 2022). This one is the author's response to the earlier essays.
Response to the Forum on Unfamiliar Selves in the Hebrew Bible (Reed Carlson)

... The respondents made many more excellent points, not all of which I have the space to address and contemplate here. I can say with complete honesty, however, that this panel has given me yet more to think about on this topic, which has been, for me at least, an unending well of delightful curiosity. ...

I noted the earlier essays here and links.

Visit PaleoJudaica daily for the latest news on ancient Judaism and the biblical world.