Wednesday, May 25, 2005

IRAQI JEWISH ARCHIVE UPDATE: National Public Radio has posted an audio file from All Things Considered, dated 9 May.
Funds Lacking to Restore Iraqi Jewish Archives

All Things Considered, May 9, 2005 � In 2003, U.S. forces discovered a cache of documents and sacred texts that had belonged to Iraq's once-thriving Jewish community in a flooded basement of Saddam Hussein's secret police. The records were transported to the U.S., where efforts to restore them are stalled by a shortage of funds.

I don't have time to listen to it right now, but there you have it. I may have comments later.

(Via the IraqCrisis list.)

Speaking of not having time, I'm swamped with exams and other work now and for some time to come. If you've e-mailed me recently, thanks, and I have read your message. Replying to any e-mails that aren't work related is a low priority at present, but if your message requires a reply, I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment