Friday, November 16, 2018

SBL 2018

THE SOCIETY OF BIBLICAL LITERATURE'S 2018 ANNUAL MEETING is about to begin in Denver, Colorado. Technically it begins tomorrow, on Saturday the 17th. But related sessions begin today. Many delegates are arriving today and some are already there.

I had to skip last year's meeting and I'm not attending this year either. SBL colleagues, I will miss you all. I trust you will be able to manage (just) for another year without me.

Last year my review of Heidi Marx-Wolf's book, Spiritual Taxonomies and Ritual Authority. Platonists, Priests, and Gnostics in the Third Century C.E. (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2016) was presented in absentia. Just so you have something SBL-related from me, I will post it tomorrow.

SBL friends, have a great time in Denver! I look forward to seeing you all in San Diego for the 2019 SBL Annual Meeting.

Visit PaleoJudaica daily for the latest news on ancient Judaism and the biblical world.