Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Schiffman: No, the Vatican doesn't have the Temple treasures

PROF. LAWRENCE H. SCHIFFMAN: THE MYTH OF VATICAN TREASURES, ONCE AGAIN. DESPITE RECENT REPORTS, KEILIM FROM THE BAYIS SHEINI AREN’T HELD IN ROME. This post links to a pdf reprint of an article in Ami Magazine.

Professor Schiffman explains why he concludes that the Vatican does not, and indeed could not, have the Temple treasures.

I've also seen some of these recent claims about the Vatican having these artifacts, but I did not post on them. I tend to ignore such stories and the related ones on how the Ark of the Covenant has been located and is about to be revealed. If someone wants to produce some actual authenticated artifacts, I will be happy to reconsider.

Background here and many links. I have commented on the matter here and here.

Visit PaleoJudaica daily for the latest news on ancient Judaism and the biblical world.