Wednesday, June 09, 2004

MORE ON DOUDNA'S PAPER: Stephen C. Carlson over at Hypotyposes has some comments and queries. And the discussion continues at g-Megillot.

Me, I'm staying out of this one. It doesn't matter for the purposes of any research I plan on doing in the near future whether the Dead Sea Scrolls were deposited in 68 C.E. or the first century B.C.E. I do intend to get around to reading Ian Young's article, but I'm not an expert in archaeology or radiocarbon dating and I'm not all that interested in paleographic dating of scripts. I have enough other things on my plate to keep me busy (very, very, busy), so, unless something strikes me as worth a comment, I'll leave this discussion to those who know more about and have more interest in such matters and just listen to what they say and forward it to you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment