LONDON SCHOOL OF THEOLOGYSent in by Professor Graham Twelftree.
OLD TESTAMENT LECTURER or SENIOR LECTURER
• Responsible to the Academic Dean.
• Levels 4, 5, 6 and 7 lecturing, tutoring and pastoral care of students, setting and marking assessments and examinations, research supervision for the Master and Doctoral programmes, and publishing peer reviewed research.
• The post holder must possess a PhD in Old Testament, be able to teach Hebrew at introductory and advanced levels, and preferably have supervised a doctoral student to completion.
• The successful candidate will have a proven track record and an ongoing, viable programme of research.
• Lecturing experience and/or a qualification in lecturing at Higher Education level are desirable.
• The person appointed will be a practising Christian, with ongoing active service in a local church, who is in full sympathy with the doctrinal basis of the School.
• Lecturing includes both day time lectures, and occasional evening classes and conferences.
• The conduct of tutorials and seminars.
• Tutorial responsibilities, either as personal or group tutor.
• Pastoral care of students.
Marking and Exams
• The marking and second marking of assignments within the agreed time scale.
• Setting and marking exam scripts, exam invigilation and attendance at examiners’ meetings.
• Further study and personal development: study day, conferences, continuing education and training.
• Sabbatical leave is not automatic but arranged with the Academic Dean after the submission of a satisfactory proposal for its use.
• Chapel: full participation in the chapels and prayer groups, including leading
and speaking on occasions.
• Student applications: preliminary or formal interviews of prospective students.
• Committees: attendance and active participation at the Academic Board, Programme Boards of Study, and other School committees as required.
• Attendance at School events such as Graduation Day and the Laing Lecture.
• Any other reasonable duties as required by the Academic Dean.
Terms and Conditions
• Salary: £34,597
• Hours: This is a full-time post, i.e. 35 hours per week minimum
• Holidays: 27 days per year
• Pension: Eligible to join the LST Pension Scheme
• Probationary Period: One academic year
• Notice Period: One academic term minimum
• Start: The job is expected to begin 1 September 2016.
• Further information can be obtained from the Academic Dean: email@example.com
• Applicants should send the following to the Academic Dean as pdf documents attached to an email:
(a) Covering letter of application,
(b) Curriculum vitae and
(c) List of four referees, one of whom is to be the applicant’s senior pastor.
• Applications close Friday, 5.00 pm, 29 July 2016.
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
OT/HB post at LST
JOB ADVERTISEMENT (note that there is a confessional requirement):