Friday, November 21, 2003

MARK GOODACRE gives us some preliminary thoughts regarding his paper on his "All-n-One Biblical Resoures Guide." To read them, go to the links section on the right, click on the "Weblogs etc." link and you will find there a link to his New Testament Gateway blog.

Mark notes the acroynym "CARG," which came about back when the Computer Assisted Research "Section" was still a "Group" (the two terms have technical meanings in SBL parlance). I've always been amused by the acronym and I was glad they kept it when the name changed. Science fiction readers will recall that in Keith Laumer's classic novel Dinosaur Beach the "Kargs" were evil Terminator-like robots from the future who came back in time to carry out dastardly deeds to change the course of history.

I'm sure the similarity in name is just a coincidence. Of course, I have presented a CARG paper myself iin recent years, so I would say that, wouldn't I?

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's enough from me today. (Probably more than enough.) The PSCO session is this evening. Scroll down for my preliminary comments for the panel discussion. I'll aim to give you a brief report on the session tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment