Friday, January 20, 2023

Congratulations to Eva Mroczek!

CHANGES: Spatz Chair aims to unlock new opportunities in Jewish Studies (Dal News).
Dream jobs can be tough to come by, but Dr. Eva Mroczek feels like she’s finally found hers.

Dr. Mroczek has been named Dalhousie’s inaugural Simon and Riva Spatz Chair in Jewish Studies, an appointment that’ll see the seasoned Jewish Studies scholar trade the Californian coast for Nova Scotia.

“I’ve wanted to live in Halifax since I was a teenager, and I’ve hoped to return to Canada at some point in my life to help build Jewish Studies here,” says Ontario-born Dr. Mroczek, who’ll formally take up the post at Dal in July 2024. “It really is my dream job, and I can’t wait to see what we build together.”

Dr. Mroczek will deliver her first public lecture as chair, titled “The Myth of the Lost Torah,” at Dalhousie next Tuesday (January 24) at 7:00pm in the McInnes Room of the Dalhousie Student Union Building.

[...]

And congratulations to Dalhousie University as well.

Visit PaleoJudaica daily for the latest news on ancient Judaism and the biblical world.